The Scandinavian Society of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine (SSAI) co-ordinates an advanced training program in Intensive Care Medicine for doctors working at Scandinavian hospitals.
Requirements for application to the program
- The main aim of the program is to prepare future senior intensive care specialists and ICU-directors in Scandinavia for their ever more complicated tasks.
- All applicants to the training program must have completed part one examination of the European Diploma in Intensive Care Medicine (EDIC Part I) before they can enter the program.
- The EDIC 1 requirement is expected to facilitate the success of interactive problem oriented presentations, case discussions, hot topics, pro – contra, controversies etc.
- The amount of “textbook kind of lectures” are reduced. Basics are expected to be known from Textbooks, Cobatrice, PACT and EDIC.
- Academic focus will be enhanced and focused on the needs of Scandinavian intensive care medicine.
- The training period is 2 years, starting January 2019.
- The training program is limited to 30 trainees.
- If less than 15 applicants qualify, the program may be postponed for one year.
Applications should include the following
- The application form.
- Letter by the applicant informing about the applicant’s motivation and expectations regarding the program.
- Suggested clinical rotation in different ICUs during the two-years training period.
- Recommendation letter from a superior documenting the applicant’s interest in and commitment to intensive care medicine.
- Curriculum vitae.
- ICU project proposal. Suggest a project tutor. Define topic/title and design the project (background info, aim, hypothesis, methods and timetable (250-500 words plus references).
- Proof of membership within the SSAI.
- Proof of having passed EDIC I. Those who plan to take EDIC 1 in Paris in October 2018 can apply to the program by 1st of September 2018, but will be put on a waiting list until results of the EDIC 1 exam arrive (before 1st of Dec).
- A picture. A recent electronic picture of the applicant.
For further information see www.SSAI.info
Applications with attachments should be sent by e-mail to the program secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org before September 1, 2018.
Gisli H Sigurdsson
Chair Scandinavian Training Program in Intensive Care Medicine