Call for Applications for the 16th Scandinavian Training Program in Intensive Care Medicine 2015-2016
The Scandinavian Society of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine (SSAI) co-ordinates an advanced training program in Intensive Care Medicine for doctors working at Scandinavian hospitals.
Please notice changed requirements for application to the program.
- All applicants to the training program must have completed part one examination of the European Diploma in Intensive Care Medicine (EDIC Part I) before they can apply to the program.
- The main aim of the NEW program is to prepare the next generation intensive care specialists and ICU-directors in Scandinavia for their ever more complicated tasks.
- This change is expected to facilitate changes in the program contents where more emphasis will be put on interactive problem oriented presentations, hot topics, pro – contra, controversies etc.
- The amount of “textbook kind of lectures” will be reduced. Basics are expected to be known from Textbooks, Cobatrice, PACT and EDIC.
- Academic focus will be sharpened in future courses and content will be adapted to the needs of Scandinavian intensive care medicine.
- The training period is 2 years, starting January 2015.
- The training program is limited to 30 trainees.
- No more than two candidates can be admitted the same year to the program from each department.
- If less than 18 applicants qualify, the program will probably be postponed for one year.
Applications should include the following:
- The application form.
- Letter by the applicant informing about the applicant’s motivation and expectations regarding the program.
- Suggested clinical rotation in different ICUs during the two-years training period.
- Recommendation letter from a superior documenting the applicant’s interest in and commitment to intensive care medicine.
- Curriculum vitae.
- ICU project proposal. Suggest a project tutor. Define topic/title and design the project (background info, aim, hypothesis, methods and timetable (250-500 words plus references).
- Proof of membership within the SSAI.
- Proof of having passed EDIC I.
- A picture. A recent electronic picture of the applicant.
For further information see www.SSAI.info
Applications with attachments should be sent by e-mail to the Secretary of the SSAI Steering Committee of the training program: email@example.com before September 1, 2014:
Gisli H Sigurdsson: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chair Scandinavian Training Program in Intensive Care Medicine